Sunday, December 28, 2014

2014 Reflections

It's hard to believe that 2014 is coming to an end. This is the time when we look back and reflect on the closing year and anticipate the beginning of a new chapter in our lives.


I took a stroll down memory lane and the following is a recap of some of the things I shared with you in 2014.

The stillness of winter is like no other time of year. I dressed our mantel to capture the quiet calm that the season brings.



Tassel Wreath Tutorial
I can't knit or crochet, but was chomping at the bit to find a way to use some of the gorgeous yarns that are available today. Along came this 'Tassel Wreath' and I finally got my chance to use some fabulous chunky yarns.

The need for a small carryall  found me creating a trio of phone/wallets. They have served me well and I continue to use them today. Handmade items with a purpose - one of life's simple pleasures.

My husbands metalworking skills and his keen imagination came together to create this awesome full size replica 'Board Track Racer'. It adds a touch of nostalgia and history to our yard that is uniquely ours.


Spring Mantel 2014
A bitterly cold and long winter found me decorating our Spring Mantel with the hope that it might coax Mother Nature into giving us a turn at Spring.

In this post, I share my favorite method for lining the shelves of our refrigerator. It makes for quick and easy cleaning and adds a bit of personality to the big white box.


Summertime Thru the Lens
We had one of the most relaxed and easy going Summers this year and it was just lovely. We have been blessed with the gift of time with our 'Charlie Boy'. He is still with us and doing amazingly well.  You would never know there was anything wrong with him and he lives every moment with joy.

We had the pleasure of a visit from some unexpected guests this past summer. I consider it a privilege to see God's creatures and was thrilled to witness this yearly event.


Fall Mantel 2014
Autumn has long been my favorite season. The colors here in New Hampshire are a feast for the eyes. Instead of competing with Mother Nature, I opted for a more serene look with our Fall mantel.

In this post, I share my families most requested birthday cake. It is easy to make and so-o-o delicious! Be warned that once you have indulged in this cake, you will never buy store made ice cream cake again.

In this post, I continued with my 'Scenes from the Road' series and shared some wonderful New Hampshire Barns we have discovered in our travels.

We all love focaccia bread and this recipe is a family favorite. I have learned to make extra each time I make this, as it disappears so quickly.

Vintage treasures from yesteryear took over our mantel for Christmas this year. The completed vignettes brought to mind a simpler time.

Each passing year reminds me of how quickly time goes by. Life is full of beautiful moments, whether  big or small. We just need to notice them.

May you have many 'Moments' in the coming year.

PS - Have you linked up to Saturday Sparks? The party is open through Friday morning at 9. Come link up and join the fun!

Linking up to the following fabulous blogs:
Print Friendly and PDF

2 comments:

  1. Amazing! I hope that 2015 will be also filled with beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great year! Pinned and tweeted. We appreciate you taking the time to stop by our party. We love partying with you! I hope to see you on Monday at 7 pm. Happy Saturday! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete

I love reading each and every comment and welcome any questions or feedback you may have.

^ Scroll to Top